I've always really ridiculously envied people with stand out talents like singing, designing, or dancing. Not just recreational good, but WOW-amazing-type talent. I always say this to James and then feel stupid for saying it (because how lucky am I to be in dental school and working towards a field with security), but I often get this sinking feeling that I'm not really matched to do what I'm doing. Being "smart" has always seemed like the back up option to being talented. I mean even if you've got the brains, you still have to put the work in to see anything useful come of your intelligence. But if you have talent, theoretically "work" wouldn't feel like work because you'd love what you do.
Don't get me wrong, I know I'm so super lucky to be in school. But I wonder if there's more than this. Am I really lucky if I'm frequently dreaming of being somewhere else? Or will I be asking what-ifs no matter what I do?
No comments:
Post a Comment