To Anna.
I wish I could comment on your page! But it has prompted me to get rid of my own "comments" option (if I can't figure out how to do it).
I love your blog entries! They sound so adult. My opinion is that the key to judging whether you wrote a good entry is if you don't go on and edit it a bunch later. Or delete it completely like I do so so often.
First year of school is almost over and I feel like I haven't learned anything new. I always get the feeling that I'm not cut out for this work. And the mule like ambition that's been fueling me since high school has left me really really tired. It's like drinking one of those 5-hour energy drinks, that leave you pumped for about 3 hours and then makes you want to lay under your bed for the rest of the day. Well I'm pretty much past the quarter point of my life (I'm calculating that I'll probably only live to about 80 years) and I'm not feeling the smug satisfaction that I was anticipating on feeling 10 years ago. Of course when I was 14 my only fantasy consisted of having a bad ass apartment and making it really trendy.
It doesn't matter what angle I look it at and how many goddamn motivational quotes I tape onto my wall or speeches I watch on Ted.com. I feel very UNinspired and I'm just hoping to god that there will be something magical waiting for me at the end of this journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment